Sunday, July 20, 2014

Street Pianos

Public pianos seem to be popping up everywhere. I like the idea of making pianos accessible, but I worry about them getting ruined ... like this one near Cranky's Bike Shop in St. Albert. Others have had better luck getting covered up when it rains. My suggestion would be to put them under a shelter somewhere. People working in shops and restaurants near these pianos don't always have their attention on the weather, and what if it's a beautiful day and then it starts raining during the night? Tough luck for the pianos. They need shelter that doesn't depend on someone being nearby and noticing the weather.

Otherwise, it's a fabulous idea and I love how people are drawn to the pianos.




Sharing with: Theviewfromrighthere.com


Weekly Top Shot

2 comments:

  1. Wow! How interesting. I like how the pianos are decorated. I just wonder, wouldn't they be damaged in case of rain or perhaps they are covered in case of wet weather?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite an unusual idea, but I like it, too!

    ReplyDelete