Friday, April 3, 2015

Random 5 Friday

 1. Still thinking a lot about my trip to Winnipeg last week - it was fun to explore a different city and visit the new Canadian Museum of Human Rights.

2. The highlight of the trip was watching my son play in the cadet honour band - I'm still amazed at how much the kids learned in one week and how well they pulled off a 2-hour performance. I'm so proud of them all.

3. I happened upon Stella's Bakery which was only one block away from Westminster Church where the band performed, and a welcome haven on a cold, damp day. Excellent coffee and cinnamon roll! I was very tempted to take a box of baking home with me, but then I thought about taking public transportation to the airport after the concert, two flights to get home and two cadets to worry about and resisted the temptation. Next time, Stella.

4. The Winnipeg neighborhoods that I saw had lovely, well-kept older homes and lots of corner grocery stores. The restaurants looked interesting too. (Too bad Stella's cinnamon roll kept me going all day.)

5. We have fresh snow this morning but the sun is shining, and I hope it will clear up so I can get some yard work done this weekend. Plus, a snowy Easter just seems so wrong.


 Sharing with:
Random 5 Friday

4 comments:

  1. A lovely time in Winnepeg! Nice post! Hope you have a very Blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice trip. I would enjoy a fresh cinnamon roll too.
    Glad the band concert was a success.
    That was a lovely looking neighborhood. I miss (corner grocery stores).
    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cinnamon rolls sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love museums of any kind. Your trip to Winnipeg sounds wonderful and kudos to your son ... exciting! Corner grocery stores ... I remember! Then the corner stores disappeared, but some neighborhood stores held on until ... the big stores took over. Too bad. I'd like to return to the corner! Just the thought of a cinnamon roll makes my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete